boredom blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

So It's Thursday


And I'd love nothing more than to leave work in 38 minutes, settle down on the couch and wait to see who gets kicked off American Idol, but unfortunately, I have a work meeting in two hours, so I have to stick around here and entertain myself. I anticipate some crossword puzzle action. Anything to unglue myself from the monitor, the latest diversion on which has been myspace.

I'm generally frightened of myspace. I have a friendster account, which is fine, but everyone on myspace is so alterna and also 12 years old. It's basically a popularity contest to see how many friends you can attach yourself to and how many of them post comments on your site. Clearly this activity should be directly linked to one's self-esteem level. Plus, when you send someone a message, it just goes to your main e-mail account, so why not just e-mail that person. But, as I said, it is a diversion.

Sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. Let's say you're dating someone. Let's say another girl posts something flirty on his profile. This would lead the normal woman into "oh no she didn't . . .suh-nap" mode and could turn a regular psycho into a true psycho. One who may berate her boyfriend about this endlessly.

Let's also assume that you and your significant other have vastly different profiles. It could lead one to wonder. . .do opposties attract, or are you only opposite in the way you view filling out profiles for the world to see. Should this activity be taken seriously, or should you end the pain of realizing how un-interesting you are as soon as possible.

My bf opted for option 1. I, on the other hand, am a fan of option two. Or, maybe he's just more interesting than I am.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is having a myspace avatar any less ridiclous than having a blog? seems like you're splitting hairs that are already a little thin.

also, you have brought a new word into my lexicon:"alterna." WTF?

And I will buy some trashbags next time I'm at the store, good to know we're out, and yes, what a thursday type of thing this is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home