boredom blog

Friday, March 24, 2006

Weekly Highlights


It's the second to last week of March 2006 and here's what's gone down:

  • The world is free of Chicken Little, although "When I Fall in Love" is actually a good song, and he did a nice job of it. Oh well. Next week - bye bye Bucky.
  • A STL dj was fired for accidentally using a racial epitath on the air while speaking about Condi Rice. This made national news. Yeah! Now everyone can think we're a bunch of redneck hicks in Missouri. . .oh wait. . .
  • It is still not warm. In fact, it snowed. Also, I do not have a scrapper, but I learned 1) umbrellas are not useful in getting ice/snow off of one's car 2) CD cases are.
  • BF's grandmother makes some KICK ASS petit fours, which I promptly dropped on the ground, but they were in a plastic bag. Salvaged!
  • And, saving the best for last, it is bad to leave tea sitting out for approx. 1-2 weeks because here's what can happen:
Since every single dish in the apt was dirty, I decided to CLEAN THE KITCHEN. Doing dishes and all is going well. Move over to the counter where the hot pot is. I pick up the hot pot to put it away, but, whoops, it has liquid in it. Open the cover to dump out liquid, but liquid is covered with mold. This should clearly not be poured down the sink, since that's where dishes go. So, I dumped the contents down the toilet and threw the hot pot away. Later, it became clear that the toilet was not flushing properly. Then, I realized, that my small metal tea ball was still in the hotpot, so therefore I flushed a small metal object down the drain. That was a lot of fun to explain to the landlord!

TGIF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home