boredom blog

Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Brilliant Idea


I've refered several times to watching the Lehrer Report with my father. This occured again two nights ago. One show I particularly like watching is Ambush Makeover. Celebrity stylists across the country (and damn do people in the south need help) find unsuspecting characters roving the streets unware of the big fashion crimes they are committing. The stylist gets them new clothes, new hair, new makeup (which they refer to as paint) and usually arrange some sort of event (like a surprise party, an anniversary date, or a job interview). 99% of the time this unsuspecting characters look ten times better!

So, here's my brilliant idea. Why not combine the Lehrer Report with Ambush Makeover. Learn about current events from people who don't look like they're straight out of 1982! Seriously, you'd think one could be a political pundit and be stylish, but from what I've observed, this is just not possible. Why would I want to be educated about what's going on in the world from someone who looked like they just woke up on the wrong side of the Iran Contra Affair? Reagan's dead! Put those bangs back! They've got dudes on the this show who make Andy Rooney's eyebrows look like child's play. I guarantee if they showed the commentators arguing while getting their eyebrows waxed, the ratings would go through the roof.

And, Ambush Makeover team, while you're at it, why not drop by the set of So You Think You Can Dance and fix Mia's modern dance femullet. Yeeesh!

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not so much.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger boredom blogger said...

Actually - if it was up to me, I'd be watching E! News Live with Ryan Seacrest and Juliana DiPandi for all the important news of the day. However, my dad is not down with that if I'm at my parents house, so I'm stuck watching fuddy-duddies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home