boredom blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There Really Are Restaurants in the Lou!


I never used to watch the food network. Instead of HGTV it was all MTV. But, since the "nesting" has begun, I have been watching both. Which is not to say that I've been cooking, because I haven't. I like to blame that on not having a complete kitchen, but let's not kid ourselves.

Last night on Road Tasted, Jamie and Bobby Dean traveled to the midwest. They had apple pie at the Blue Owl in Kimmswick, sausage at some place in Hermann and finally meats on the hill. How boring! Seriously, I could not even watch them eat salami. I turned it off. Apparently there's no cooking invovled in cured meats. It's just rubbing a big ham around in salt and letting it sit for 5 weeks. This does not make for interesting tv.

However, I must contend that there is good food in St. Louis. We're not all a bunch of hicks sitting around eating sausage. However, I wouldn't mind dropping in on the Blue Owl, which is halfway anyway to DeSoto, home of the future in-laws. 16 inches of apple pie. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home