boredom blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

***Spoiler Alert*** Why Did Skinny Have to Die?

Last night for my birthday, the bf (which now stands for best fiance) took me to see Step Up. I felt like I was watching a really long episode since the heroine looked just like Joey Potter. Really. Just like her.
It was pretty much what I expected, although the dancing was slightly sub-par compared to other movies of it's genre. The best part of the whole experience was probably the running commentary provided by the three ladies sitting behind us. You're right! He didn't need to be stealing cars anyway!
My thesis for this blog post is ***Spoiler Alert*** "Why Did Skinny Have to Die." Let's also look at You Got Served, which had much better dancing, but they also killed a small black dude in this movie to motivate the defectee dancer to come back to his posse for a dance off which was then dedicated for the small black dude. I have been in many dance performances and no small black dude had to die to encourage me to give it my all on stage. Furthermore, in possibly the best dance movie to hit the screen in recent years, "Centerstage" no small back dudes died. I'm just saying.
And on a different note (pun intended), the bf commented during Rock Star: Supernova last night that the translation to Zayra's song meant "I forgot my shirt." That made me laugh.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Blogger Keep it like a secret said...

Aw, poor Skinny. It had to happen, though, because otherwise the world would have missed out on Tyler's incredible dance debut. Small price to pay, really. Ha.

 
At 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you're bad at the internet. Thoughtful putting the spoiler alert on your post- but next time, you might not want to put the actual spoiler in the headline.

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger boredom blogger said...

Fortuantely, the two people who had read this post had already seen the movie. And, anyone else who will read it will never see it. So there :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home